Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A few of the latest Eden-isms

Eden always has something cute to say....always. I try to post as many of her cute little Eden-isms, but I can't post them all because there are too many and not enough time. Here are a few of my favorites this past couple of weeks.

I asked Eden to do something for me (I can't remember what) and when she was finished I said, "Thanks so much Eden!" and she said, "it was my pleasure!" and then went about her business. It was my pleasure? What 3 year old says that? I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but I am still shocked at the things that come out of that girl's mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have been frequenting Sonic lately and Eden likes to get water. She likes to get water so she can make silly slurping and spitting noises so Sage will laugh at her. I've tried to tell not to do it but honestly, I really don't mind because it is only water and I enjoy the sound of those giggling girls way more than the spitting of the water bothers me. But Eden somehow knows she is not suppose to be doing this because the last time I handed her her drink she said, "Now don't look back here and don't tell me anything!" Or in other words, let me do these things I'm not suppose to so Sage will laugh at me. So I let her...I just have to remind her she can't spit things out when she orders something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel has been gone a lot for work lately...two big trips back to back. He is finally back now, but he still has to go into the office. When Eden woke up yesterday and Daddy wasn't home she asked how many sleeps until Daddy comes home. I told her it wasn't anymore sleeps that Daddy was going to be home tonight and she was very confused. She asked if Daddy was on an airplane and I had to explain that Daddy was just at his office and that he would be home with us soon and she finally understood. Poor little girl. At least Daddy is not taking anymore trips for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And my personal favorite, Eden has been commenting lately on the many wonderful things that Heavenly Father has created for us. Such as all the beautiful colors we can see, the trees, the flowers, the animals, and the "lots of lots of people", and then she throws in cars and buildings. I explain that yes Heavenly Father has given us so many things, but He didn't actually make cars and buildings...He made all the things that we used to make them, so I guess technically He did make them. She doesn't care, she is just very grateful for all the creations she can enjoy, and I am just grateful for her sweet little testimony that she knows all the things she loves come from a loving Heavenly Father.

No comments: