Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Acorns, an Obsession!
Eden has been obsessed with collecting acorns. I'm not sure why, but the girl loves them. She started collecting them from our yard. Then she started bringing them home from preschool. Every day I would find a snack size baggie full of acorns in her bag. I almost wanted to write a note to the preschool that said, "Please don't encourage her obsession, we are drowning in acorns here!" But I refrained. I made her keep her acorns outside in a pile on the back porch. And it is a good thing I did because one day she found one of those preschool bags that didn't make it outside and it was full of worms. WORMS!!!!! Very gross ones. Thank goodness the bag was still sealed. We disposed of that rather quickly and I firmly explained that we were finished collecting acorns FOREVER. I think the worms kind of grossed Eden out too. But not enough, because the next week she was in the front yard yelling, "Acorns!" All I had to say was, "Remember the worms?" and she promptly dropped them. So she is still obsessed with acorns, but we only admire them from afar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment