Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

We started off the day by sending all the men-folk and the children out for a hike, and we told them not to come home until lunch time.  It totally worked great.  Grandma Laura and I made the whole Thanksgiving dinner in peace and quiet and it was ready to eat when the troops got home.  I think that should be a new tradition.  They had fun and we had fun.  It was great to have some cousin time too.  Then we all enjoyed a nice dinner, had naps, played games, the girls put on a little fashion show, we played some music (more to come on that) and then we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.  Pretty awesome in my book...and don't forget the best part...leftover turkey sandwiches on rolls with mayo and pickles. Mmmm, my favorite!








Dog doors...not just for dogs :)  Totally the favorite entrance/exit of the younger crowd.  You know if I could fit I would have tried it out :)





No comments: