Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Something New Every Day

Eden already says lots of words and phrases. I am quite proud and am also sure that she is speaking on genius levels for her age. But she still manages to surprise me when out of the blue she says something new that I didn't even know she knew or even knew what it meant. For example, last week Eden had to get shots, and for some strange reason that we haven't figured out, she had a bad allergic reaction and was completely covered in hives. I was trying to give her some Benadryl one day and she pointed to her legs and said "itchy, itchy". Yes Eden, I am sure they were very itchy, but holy cow when did you learn what itchy meant?

Last night we were running around the house being silly and I was picking her up and swinging her around. When I set her down she said "Again!" How could I refuse, especially since she has never said that before?

And then this morning I was eating a banana. She walk up and says "Apple" and points to my banana. No, it's a banana. She looks at me with that "Whatever Mom" look on her face and says "Nana, BITE!" I had to laugh because she didn't care what it was she only wanted some, and of course, how could I refuse such a sweet girl when she requested a "bite" for the first time.

Oh and I almost forgot, she said "backpack". She wanted to watch "Dora the Explorer" and so she told me "backpack". I had to do a double take on that one. But again, how do you deny your very brilliant child when they say complicated words. I guess she's found my weakness :) And just for those of you who know and love Dora, when Swiper came on the screen today, she told him "No, no, no!" I guess its time to start looking at colleges :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

heh heh, yeah, they do pick up words you never knew they knew. you'll soon see what's important to her because she learns the words of what's important. My kiddos were just like that. Gemma is the worst. Like how she says we "antogonize" her. I wonder who she got that from! oops. yeah, they learn fast, watch what you say and becareful of what you watch. You know the bad words are the most fun to say! (i mean if she hears them on tv of course!)