I do not like to decorate. I especially do not like to take down decorations and put them away. But when a sweet little blue-eyed girl asks you if we can "decorate Eden's house for Halloween", how do you refuse? Simply, you don't. So today we went to Hobby Lobby and we got some decorations and we put them up in "Eden's house". I even bought fabric and used my new sewing machine to make Eden a Halloween pillowcase and to make a fall tablecloth. You can just call me little miss Suzy Homemaker (she said sarcastically while thinking about having to put away these decorations eventually...)
We got foam jack-o-lanterns to make...they are magnets and they are now on the fridge

We had little pumpkin
frisbees...Eden grabbed one and said, "Mommy, you be the dog and I will throw it to you!" '
I do not know where she comes up with these things, but I am always entertained.
So, we took turns being the dog. Daddy even pretended to be a dog when he got home from work.

A squishy pumpkin

Notice the hand in the candy jar...this happened so much that I moved that candy jar to the top cabinet. Eden pushed a chair over and tried to climb up to it. What do they put in those candy corns?

I added the paper to this chipboard Halloween sign...I know, you are amazed that I got so much done in one afternoon. Well, you know what, so am I!

The pillowcase...I am so proud ;)

Look at the decorative stitch! Wow,
Meggan is so talented (at pushing a button on her sewing machine)

And the grand finale...the tablecloth and centerpiece (that Eden designed, she picked out all the little pumpkins and the leaf bowl they are resting in)

Special thanks goes to my mom for the sewing machine (an early Christmas present) for which these marvelous projects would not have been possible :)
2 comments:
what kind of sewing machine is it?
It's a brother sewing machine, it is computerized and has a whole bunch of fancy stitches...available at your local wal-mart ;)
Post a Comment