Monday, October 19, 2009

It's a Girl's Prerogative

...to change her mind! This is exactly what Eden has been practicing. She was going to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween. We already had the costume and she loves dressing up as Buzz, so I didn't even question that she would want to be anything else for Halloween. I know, I know...never assume...even with a 2 year old...maybe I should say "especially" with a 2 year old.

So Eden informed us that she didn't want to be Buzz for Halloween. So we were already at Target when I found this out so we headed over to the costumes. After looking at Mr. Incredible costumes and Supergirl costumes, among many others, we ended up with a Tinkerbell costume, fairy wings and all.

When we got home I let her try it on and she put her arms out and then looked at me with a sad/surprised face. "Mommy, I can't fly!"

She thought that her fairy wings would actually make her fly and she was very disappointed that she wasn't able to fly. I really felt bad, but then Daddy came to the rescue and Tinkerbell took flight.

She is going to be one cute Tinkerbell, but you will have to wait until "Trick or Treat" for pictures. I already have Sage's costume, she is going to be a pea pod.

Thank goodness she can't change her mind yet.

No comments: