Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Work

Work. A four-letter word that starts with w and ends with k. A pretty simple, ever ordinary word that we all experience at some point in life. Well, Eden despises this word. Yep, despise, because this word means that Daddy has to leave the house and all the fun he was having with Eden. Here is Eden's commentary on the word, "work".

"Daddy, where are you going?"

"I have to go to work sweetheart."

"But can't you stay and play with me?"

"No, Daddy has to go to work"

"Can I come with you?"

"No, Daddy has to go by himself."

Then looking over at me, "Mommy, why don't you go to work."

It wasn't a question, it was a suggestion.

The little light bulb came on in her sweet little head and she figured if someone had to go to work, why couldn't mommy? So these were her next words: "Then Daddy can stay and play with me, it will be so fun!"

I couldn't help myself. I started to laugh so hard. Just to see her reason the whole thing out was hilarious. And for the record, I wasn't even remotely offended, who wouldn't want to stay home and play games all day with Daddy? I know I would.

1 comment:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

hahaha...she's so funny.Brayden gets pretty bummed when Matt has to leave for work but he hasn't yet suggested that I leave. Maybe that'll be next :)

I ran into Daniel at the set up party tonight. We still want to do a get together with ya'll and do some Asian cooking. so, I have a plan. Let's get together for New Years (if that works) and we can put the guys in the kitchen ...hehehehe...what do you think? We can see if the Stewarts can come too and maybe a few other people.