Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Calgary Zoo

We took advantage of a warm (well, warmer) sunny day and walked to the zoo.  It was a bit of a walk, but at least the girls got to ride in the stroller and I didn't have to hear them complain about how tired they were. There was a nice lady with 3 little girls that had an extra adult zoo admission that she gave me.  How nice!  We kept running into them throughout the day and the girls had fun talking with other little girls their own age.  We stayed all day and then I walked us home.  I was VERY tired and may have complained a bit...at least I got my workout for the day.

Elephants!
 Camels!
 Silly faces!
 A picnic lunch under a cute gazebo.  The girls kept trying to coax little birds to come over with bits of bread.  Grandma Peggy would have hated this....
 More silly faces
 The peacocks roamed free....they were very beautiful and very noisy.

 The girls are trying to be flamingos
 Sage kept wanting to pose for pictures...my sweet girl :)

 The two flamingos in front were having a small spat
 Bears!

 The girls really loved the river otters...they were very entertaining


 Mountain goats...even baby ones :)
 We even got to see the new penguin exhibit
 Time for a snack
 Dinosaurs!
 A fun but exhausting day.  When daddy got home we made him take us out for Thai food.  Well, we didn't really have to make him, he was happy to go along.

Oh, and as a special fun treat for me, Sage flew out of the stroller and face planted on the pavement right after the bears.  Daniel later noticed it was bruised and swollen and we thought it might have been broken.  I almost passed out when he told me that.  I felt awful.  But she is fine and has even had a few tumbles since then.  Good thing kids are resilient.

No comments: