Monday, September 8, 2008

Can I borrow the keys, Dad?

This past Saturday, Daniel took Eden with him to run some errands. They hit the Gymboree play place, the mall, and of course Home Depot. I got the pleasure of grocery shopping by myself. I was home putting groceries away when I get a desperate phone call from Daniel. "Grab the other set of car keys and meet us at the Home Depot parking lot!"
"Daniel, is Eden in the car?"
"Yes."
"Is the car locked?"
"Yes."

Apparently, Daddy gave the girl his keys while he was putting her in the car and she hit the lock button before he could open his door. Now as I am on my way out the door, I am having a nice little laugh to myself. First of all, I know that my daughter is not in any danger, so please don't think me a bad mom for laughing at this scenario. Okay, so finally Daniel had messed up at something. I know that sounds horrible, but I always end up doing something stupid...and I have to get the "look" from Daniel (or the long sigh over the phone).

So, I am making my way to Home Depot and my cell phone rings: "Never mind, I got her to press the unlock button."

Daniel felt horrible when he got home, but I told him not to worry. Life happens at least we can laugh about it. He later told me he was using his "Jedi mind powers" to make sure she didn't press the PANIC button. Never underestimate the power of the force.

Oh, and if your kids ask to borrow the keys, make sure they are old enough to know NOT to lock themselves in the car :)

3 comments:

Quite Content said...

Hey Meggan,
I did the same thing to Alex when he was about 10 months old. You can check out my incident with him in my blog archive I think in October. I love your blog. I will check it out often. Want a play date on Wednesday?
Call me.

Room For More said...

HA HA! I love it! Way to go Eden! I am picturing Daniel standing outside the car calmly talking to Eden and trying to convinced her to unlock it! Oh to have seen it... ; 0

We had a locked out event of our own...

http://morebonkiesplease.blogspot.com/2008/07/locked-out.html

Emily said...

ITS ABOUT DANG TIME!!!! Ha Ha!!!! Ok, so maybe it's not nice to think about how Daniel finally "messed up" But geez, you get a break from being the bad guy finally!!! how funny!!!!! I wish I could've heard that phone call! I too am seeing Daniel coo at Eden to unlock the door in a very adult-like voice. Oh the hilarity!!! I hope Daniel doesn't read this, he'll probably be mad at me.