We have entered the world of sass. If Eden were in a Spongebob Squarepants episode she would be Spongebob Backsass pants. I can't remember what we were doing this morning when the "Sass" emerged, but I do remember her looking me directly in the eye, pointing AND shaking her finger at me and saying "NO, NO, NO!"
As cute as this may sound, I was not amused. So I guess Eden has discovered that she does not like being told no. Even if I am telling her "No! we do not play with knives! or No! Don't touch the stove it is hot!"
So the day was filled with how you do and do not talk to your mommy (and daddy) and that when mommy tells you no, it is for a good reason and not just some whim or fancy that amuses her at the moment. Although I am sure Eden suspects this.
Suffice it to say, I am tired. Reasoning with a toddler is tiring. I should get a Nobel peace prize, as should every mother who has tried to use logic and reason with their child.
3 comments:
reason? with a child? no way!! I KNEW that girl was gonna be sassy. I could see it before she turned 1!! good luck with that!!!! Sorry i missed calling you back. I have a serious ER addiction. I couldn't stop watching.
Hey it sounds like we had a similar day yesterday. Alex thinks that if you crowd out some other kids around his toys that it will get them to leave them alone. Good thing that there is asprin... I was exhausted too, and felt like I needed a much deserved break. The terrible Two's have hit Tomball.
Well, just quit frustrating her and then she won't have to tell you what to do. That's definitely what we do. ; )
Post a Comment