Thursday, September 18, 2008

Recovering

I know I haven't posted in a while...but we are recovering. From what, you might ask: an illness? A long road-trip?...nope....We have been recovering from Hurricane Ike. yup. A HURRICANE! I am still in a bit of a delirium...like it never happened, but life is slowly going back to normal. We were very blessed, and I mean VERY. We were one of the initial 5% of people to receive their power back on Sunday. This is a HUGE blessing. Of course our safety, including the safety of our home, was also a very HUGE blessing. We are ever grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who protected us through the storm. As the storm was raging I kept singing a Hymn to myself, "Master, the Tempest is Raging" here is the first verse and chorus:

1. Master, the tempest is raging!
The billows are tossing high!
The sky is o’ershadowed with blackness.
No shelter or help is nigh.Carest thou not that we perish?
How canst thou lie asleep
When each moment so madly is threat’ning
A grave in the angry deep?

[Chorus]
The winds and the waves shall obey thy will:Peace, be still.
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
Or demons or men or whatever it be,
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:Peace, be still; peace, be still.
They all shall sweetly obey thy will:Peace, peace, be still.

This Hymn brought me so much comfort. I knew that no matter what happened I had a Father in Heaven that loved me and my family and He would make sure that we received exactly what we needed. And He has given us more than we asked for, and so we have tried to show our gratitude by helping our friends and neighbors. This has been a very humbling experience.

So, it may take a while more for us to recover. We still don't have phone or our own computer, so I am using Daniel's work laptop when I can. Oh, and in case you are wondering, the girl is great. She weathered the storm the best. I have more tales of her silliness and her sweetness, but those will have to wait until I have more battery juice, or my own computer back. Now I must go join the girl and her daddy for some dancing in the living room. :)

2 comments:

Bonky's Mom said...

Well...I am sad you didn't get to come stay with me. :( BUT...quite thankful for your safety and your home weathering the storm okay! Thank you God!

Emily said...

I am so glad you're ok!! You better not EVER do that again!! It could have and usually is much worse. Heavenly Father LOVES you!!! He was definitely watching out for you. So no more weathering the storm!!!! I should know, I have lived near the water too long to know that you gotta leave!!!! so where's your computer? Anyway.... So glad you're safe, and what did Eden do when the winds were raging and the noise was loud??