Sometimes during the bedtime routine we allow Eden onto our bed for a little family fun, which includes stories and usually Eden jumping on the bed while saying "jumpa jumpa!". Well, Eden has invented a new game called the "night, night" game that we play when we are all on the bed. Mommy and Daddy are laying on the bed with Eden in the middle and this is how it goes:
Eden looking at daddy: "Night, night"
Daddy: "night,night" and closes his eyes and pretends to be asleep
Eden looking at mommy: "Night, night"
Mommy: "night, night" and closes her eyes and pretends to be asleep
A few moments of silence and then Eden taps daddy on the arm.
Daddy: "AAAHHH, Eden you scared me"
Eden giggles and then taps mommy on the arm
Mommy: "AAAAHHHH, Eden you scared me, I was sleeping!"
More giggles and then Eden looks at Mommy and Daddy and says "Night, night" and the game starts again. The best thing about this game is that she created it almost entirely by herself and was very sure about "the rules of play".
I did try a variation the other day when Eden was on the couch. I told her "night, night" and told her to close her eyes. She closed one and left the other open just a crack. Then I tapped her and she said "AAAAAHHHHHHHH".
I about died laughing. She only did it the one time to appease mommy I suppose, and then it was back to the Eden version.
I'm still giggling to myself about that one eye being open...silly girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment