Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Too Soon!

Daniel took Eden with him to run some errands and I got a phone call shortly after...

D: Guess what your daughter just said?

M: Mommy, where are you? (she likes to say where are you)

D: Nope, she said "Meggan, where are you?"

M: What! I am MOMMY...this is too soon..(freaking out)

(I hear Eden in the background)

E: "Meggiiiieeeee, where are you?"

I am Mommy or Mama, not Mother and certainly not Meggan or Meggie. She's only 19 months old, she is not supposed to know my "real" name yet. Can you tell I am freakin' out just a little? She was probably copying Daddy when he calls me Meggan, but that is no excuse. I guess Daniel is going to start having to call my mama at all times because I can't take this, its way too soon for Eden to be growing up!

1 comment:

Bonky's Mom said...

I agree...the use of names by a child--strictly forbidden. We decided this same offense at BonkLand necessitates 3 minutes in the time out chair. ; )